Sunday 23 May 2010

What's In Your Bag?




This has taken me some time to get around too so I must apologise for my slackness, but a lovely new blogger Serenity Now tagged me in my first ever meme with the topic What's in your bag?

Now because I have not long had rock baby and have a toddler in tow too I have stopped using my real life bags and go everywhere with my trusty changing bag which is now doubled up as my day to day bag. Having experienced this happens to you once you've had a baby I was determined this time round to have a more stylish changing bag.

So for Xmas my OH bought me a pink lining bag which I had been cooing over for a while, I just loved the fact that it was pink inside and the changing mat had little cup cakes over it.

So here is the contents of my bag which unfortunately is not that exciting!




The normal changing bag items: nappies, wipes, nappy sacks etc. Plus Anti bacterial wipes and hand wash. It drives me mad when you go to cafes or restaurants and they have dirty, scummy looking high chairs so the wipes come in very handy.

My Iphone - Which I am in love with, its changed my life which is so sad thanks to the iphone I am now a twitter fanatic, and I am forever checking emails and facebook plus a great advantage of it is you tube. So whenever pop princess looks like she may have a melt down or I need her to sit still to have her hair done I bribe her with the phone and let her watch an episode of Peppa pig. Works like a dream every time.

My vanity stuff - Lancome Juicy Tube, Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream both to make me look half human when I'm functioning on 5 hours sleep. Perfume Caroline Herrera 212 which I love and I know its something you had when you were 14 at school but I still love the impulse sprays!

Camera - to catch the key moments of Rock Baby developing and in the hope that Pop Princess will have a change of heart and give her a cuddle which I can catch on camera. I still haven't got a photo of them together!

Diary and Notebook - to jot down my very important social dates with other mums, play dates, lunches the usual essential dates you make when on maternity leave. The note pad is for all my wacky ideas, or my get rich quick schemes none of them have worked yet I have to add but one of these days one of them will!

Sun cream / Sun Hats / and not seen in this picture but countless snacks and juice for Pop Princess.

Oh and how can I forget my purse and keys. Unfortunately my purse is not bursting at the seams with my paltry maternity pay :(

So folks that's it not very exciting but that's my bag for the moment! The other part of this challenge is that I have to award the Sunshine Award, and the rules are:


* Put the logo on your sidebar, or within a post
* Pass the award onto 6 bloggers
* Link the nominees within your post
* Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog
* Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.

So thank you Serenity for making me part of this and I am going to nominate the following:

A Matter of Choice
Pumpkin's World
A Dad’s perspective on family life
Diary of a young mum
Max & Co
Cheshire Mum

4 comments:

  1. Oooh am very jealous of your bag, not so much the contents as I have enough wipes and related baby stuff, although I'd love an iphone !!

    Going off to do my first meme now, bit worried that I'm quite excited by that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha it's all good fun! Love my iPhone I'm
    always on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know what you mean about not having a 'real' bag anymore. I've just got back to mine now as Baby P turns 20 months. Nice facelift on the blog by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah thanks I'm learning all the time and can do pictures and links now! get me!

    ReplyDelete