Monday 5 July 2010

We survived the POX!

A quick post just letting you all know what’s been happening at Rock HQ these last few weeks.

Well Rock Baby did indeed get the pox and oh my gosh she got it bad! As a second time mum I really should be used to illness now and have an inbuilt rational switch that comes in to play when they do come down with something.

However I do not. RB was so poorly, she was covered from head to foot and I thought babies under 6 months were only supposed to get a mild version, this definitely wasn’t the case.

She was so uncomfortable one night at 2am in the morning I was on the phone to NHS Direct as she wouldn’t stop screaming and was thrashing around in the cot as they were so bad on her lower back and nappy area she was trying to move around to rub them and was very distressed.



This was a week ago and now she is back to her bright and cheery self and the spots are beginning to fade. So it’s been nearly a month inside in isolation, so been a pretty miserable time all round!



Today we have been to the hospital about RB’s birth mark and had our first consultation with the paediatrician who will do the procedure, we saw pictures of other babies before and after and the results are really great. However it will involve blood tests, an over night stay and putting a drug in her body for the next few months and so we are now weighing up the pros and cons of everything. On one hand it would be good to wait for a year to see how much it goes down on its own but on the other if we do wait she will be pop princess’s age and would remember the procedure and get quite distressed at least now she doesn’t really know what’s going on.

On a brighter note we are looking into holidays for a last minute break end of July and boy we need the break! I’m also having my first tattoo next Monday I’ve been in to see them today and they are designing something for me, I am following the old celebrity band wagon and opting for one on my wrist and its going to be an amalgamation of the two girls names, I was nervous as soon as I set foot in there today so goodness knows what I’ll be like next week when I go in to have it done.

9 comments:

  1. Awwww! Poor little munchkin!!!! Those pox on the bum look so nasty! At least it's over and done with now, I suppose. Enjoy your hols, looking forward to seeing pics of your ink. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bless - when my little girl got chicken pox around that age she didn't get nearly as many as spots and it just seemed to pass us by quite quickly so we must have been lucky and had a mild case.

    It's awful when it's children who are poorly as they just don't understand why they hurt ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Know it was so horrible, considering how nasty it was she was a real trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor rock baby, I understand how nasty it can be. I was 24 when I got the pox. I was thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh bless her heart! We want pictures when you get your tattoo. I want a new one put can't afford at the moment x

    ReplyDelete
  6. my youngest had it he was also really bad not happy times. Glad she is better x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone she is loads better

    Re the tattoo i'm going in on Monday I will put a post up that night about the experience!! soooooo nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww poor liittle mite! Feel very sorry for her. Glad it is on the way out now.xx

    ReplyDelete